Today my truck got alot of work done. I got tired of the grinding noise every time i pushed the clutch, so a few weeks ago, i toured the salvage yards for a pedal assembly and anything else useful that would fit. I rebuilt it fashioning new bushings from brass pilot bushings to replace the crappy plastic ones. Brake lathes sure come in handy sometimes, dull blades do not. I got pedals to work smooth, ordered everything i could think of connected to them including; brake servo, master cyl, clutch cable, pedal pads (made a throttle bushing). Wednesday afternoon was the mess of making it all work. of course nothing quite fits like its supposed to when your car is made from 3 other cars, 2 of which your not sure of. after some grinding, bending, threading, straitening, adjusting, tweaking, cleaning and painting, i got it all to resemble its various functions. After the PITA of bleeding everything, it drives like a whole new truck… Well the pedals feel good, now the other smaller problems seem a bit larger. next project will be either something with the fuel system or a new rack and column.
Posted on June 12th, 2008 by admin
Filed under: Uncategorized